The growth of Online Gaming Platforms has been nothing short of remarkable. From simple games such as Solitaire to virtual universes – so much progress in less than a couple of decades. These platforms have also become hubs for interaction between other ardent players. Most importantly, it’s where financial transactions take place. The reach of these platforms is massive. But how are these platforms reaching every computer, laptop, or cell-phone?
New and Creative Forms of Marketing
Up and coming digital gaming platforms know that they cannot attract new players via traditional media outlets. So, they chose promotion channels that were cheap and gave them easy access to the masses. Website marketing, social media shares, and ads on other gaming platforms are common. To observe the power of this ‘viral’ marketing, visit here and see how much strength these new platforms acquire.
Key Marketing Objectives
The key marketing objectives of new and innovative gaming platforms include –
- Identifying target demographic – The platforms create a ‘player persona’ to target specific regions of the internet.
- Creativity – The ads and marketing messages focus on creativity. Clickable ads, prizes for downloading other games, etc. are innovative marketing tactics most gaming platforms use.
- Optimization – Every letter on the platform’s website, social media pages, and ads goes through careful keyword optimization lenses.
- Bonuses – Since most of these platforms are new, their main objective is to secure a steady customer base. They offer lucrative and different Online Casino Bonuses every month.
- Testing – Since most of the marketing takes place online, it is very easy to analyze the effectiveness of these ads.
In-Game Player Acquisition
In-game acquisitions are the strongest tool for online gaming platforms. Offers, discounts, bonuses, or free points are common tools for keeping players from leaving the platform. Some other tools include –
- Rewarding the player for his/her experience
- Rewarding players for integrating their social media accounts. More exposure for the platform, free bonuses for the players – everyone wins.
- Incentivizing word of mouth promotions. Ask your friends to join the platform to win in-game prizes!
Becoming a Platform for Advertising
Online gaming platforms are no longer mere products. They now operate as full-fledged advertising platforms. It’s is the final step for such flourishing gaming platforms. It will make them masters of their destinies.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Business category
Leave a Reply